St Mawes Castle and its larger sister castle, Pendennis, were built as part of a defensive chain of fortresses by Henry VIII to protect the south coast of Cornwall. St Mawes Castle was built between 1540 and 1545 on the eastern side of the River Fal estuary to provide protection to the large inland expanse of water known as Carrick Roads.
Porthcurno is a small village in the parish of St. Levan on the south coast of Cornwall. The village located in “The Valley” consists of houses, apartments, a pub, a seasonal cafe/restaurant and a large beautiful white sand beach. The fine soft white sand is washed by a sea that turns turquoise in the sun.
Lizard Peninsula with its dramatic coast line and spectacular views juts out into the English Channel. The peninsula is a fantastic place to visit with its beautiful countryside and rivers, quaint fishing villages and golden sandy beaches, nature reserves and attractions.
Fowey (pronounced Foy) is a historic seafaring town situated on the west bank of the River Fowey with narrow winding streets and wonderful sea views that appear around every corner. The town is a thriving commercial seaport and is a haven for yachtsmen attracting many sailing dinghies, yachts, schooners and motor launchers.
The Camel Trail that follows the River Camel is the old dismantled Bodmin and Wadebridge Railway Line which ran from Wenfordbridge to Padstow. The railway was built intended to carry sand from the Camel Estuary to inland farms for the use as fertiliser and rock and minerals to the sea for shipment.
Padstow a working fishing port was made famous by celebrity chef Rick Stein, Port Isaac is the where the television series “Doc Martin” is filmed and Tintagel has long been associated with King Arthur and Tintagel Castle being his birth place.
Tintagel is a village on the Northern coast with wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean, Camelot Castle and Tintagel Castle. Tintagel located within the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty probably originates from Dindagell a Cornish word meaning “fort on the constriction” referring to the fort or castle on the headland.