Search:

The Walks | Staffordshire Walks

 
IMG_5035

Rudyard Lake round

Rudyard Lake was built in 1797 as a reservoir for the Trent and Mersey Canal Company to provide water for the Caldon Canal. Rudyard Kipling was named after the lake by his parents who came to love the place.

View this walk

 
IMG_4931

Canal Walk – Caldon Canal and Stanley Pool from Deep Hayes Country Park round

Caldon Canal opened in 1779 to carry Peak District limestone from the quarries at Cauldon Low for the iron industry and flints for the pottery industry. Stanley Pool was constructed in 1786 as an 8 acre reservoir for the Caldon Canal.

View this walk